Update: Fiery XF version 6.3 is available now. You can download it from EFI’s website or purchase it from Spectraflow or call us at 415-382-8681 for more information.
Earlier in the week, EFI announced in an email that the Fiery XF 6.3 upgrade will be available this week to users with active support agreements (SMSA); a new EAC (Entitlement Access Code)/license will required to be installed prior to 6.3 installation. Details are scant at the moment at what the upgrade brings but an email from EFI earlier this month included a handful of items (see below).
Fiery XF 6.3 Upgrade Requirements
- This upgrade requires a new license/Entitlement Access Code (EAC) that needs to be activated and installed prior to 6.3 installation.
- In order to qualify for this upgrade and receive your EAC, your Software Support and Maintenance Agreement (SMSA) must be registered and active.
- If your SMSA expired, you have a 30 day grace period to activate it after expiration date; you will still be able to download the upgrade but you will not be able to activate and install it.
- If your SMSA is past 30 days expiration you need to purchase an upgrade to receive the 6.3 upgrade license.
What’s New in Fiery XF 6.3
According to an email from EFI earlier this month, some of the included enhancements are:
- Over 40 new printer drivers for Durst, EFI Matan, EFI VUTEk, EFI Reggiani, EPSON, HP, Mimaki, OKI and Seiko devices
- Swatch book printing, plus support of new PANTONE® spot color libraries
- Support for the new ISO/DIS 12647-7:2016 contract proofing standard that includes spot color verification
- New stochastic screening for EFI VUTEk, EFI Matan and EFI Reggiani printers
- A new CMYK and multicolor profiling engine for selected printers