The SureColor P800 will be available for purchase in July 2015 through Spectraflow.
Epson today announced the highly anticipated SureColor® P800 printer, representing a new benchmark in photographic print quality. Designed for professional use, the SureColor P800 is a full 17-inch wide borderless printer with unique Epson® MicroPiezo® AMC™ printhead technology. Leveraging an all-new Epson UltraChrome® HD eight-color pigment ink set, the SureColor P800 is capable of producing the next generation of color and black-and-white prints that will inspire us all.
“We understand how important it is for our printers to produce exceptional output that not only accurately conveys a photographer’s vision, but also delivers on the promise of longevity,” said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. “The SureColor P800 redefines the 17-inch photographic printing market, providing robust photo, fine art and canvas media handling capabilities, all focused on delivering stunning exhibition-quality prints that stand the test of time.”
The SureColor P800 features advanced media handling, including a sheet feeder for photo or matte media, and a front-in and front-out paper path for printing on thicker fine art papers and poster board. An optional 17-inch wide roll paper adapter is ideal for canvas and longer print lengths of up to 10 feet for creating breathtaking panoramas. Along with individual 80 ml high-capacity ink cartridges, the SureColor P800 is designed for serious professional use at home or in the studio.
More About the SureColor P800
The versatile SureColor P800 offers a range of new features:
- UltraChrome HD Ink: Industry-leading pigment ink technology delivers outstanding color with improved black density and print permanence
- Professional Features: Advanced Black-and-White print mode for professional-level neutral or toned black-and-white prints
- True Productivity with High-Capacity Ink Cartridges: Nine 80 ml ink cartridges with Auto-switching Photo and Matte Black Ink
- Advanced Media Handling up to 17-Inches Wide: Easily print on fine art and roll papers and create panoramas over 10 feet long; front-in and front-out paper path for media and poster board up to 1.5 mm thick and optional rear-mounted 2 or 3-inch core roll feeders
- Modern Case Design: Professional look and feel; compact printer design optimized for desktop placement
- Complete Connectivity: USB 2.0, Ethernet, Wireless n1, Wi-Fi Direct®, Apple® AirPrint™, and Google Cloud Print™ support
The Epson P800 replaces the Epson 3880.